Specimen Collection and Transport Device Optimized for Molecular Assays
eNAT™ is a versatile system that combines a COPAN-invented FLOQSwab® with 1mL Guanidine-thiocyanate based medium that stabilizes the RNA and DNA of Viruses, Bacteria, Chlamydia, Trichomonas vaginalis, and Mycoplasma.
eNAT™ is a versatile molecular medium specially designed to stabilize and preserve microbial and human nucleic acids (RNA/DNA) for prolonged time periods
The Guanidine-thiocyanate in eNAT™ breaks open microbial cells to release DNA and RNA, while preventing bacterial proliferation and prevents target sequence degradation from RNA and DNA nucleases.
Sample Collection System Designed for Molecular Assays
- Securely handle specimens that may contain highly infectious agents using eNAT™ medium which contains a detergent and a protein denaturant to completely inactivate microbial viability within 30 minutes.
- Nuclease inactivation provided by the eNAT™ medium ensures the integrity of the target sequence and protects polynucleotides against exposure to DNases and RNases.
- Store preserved RNA and DNA in the sample for long term storage for future testing at room temperature for up to four weeks or at -20°C for up to six months.
- eNat™ has been validated with numerous molecular assays* and is suitable for automated liquid handling platforms, such a Hamilton and TECAN.
Nucleic acids must be extracted from eNAT™ and purified prior to adding to the Master Mix.
*eNAT™ is an RUO-only product in the United States. Always read the manufacturer’s package insert for specific instructions regarding specimen collection and transport for the type of test kit being used.
SMART-eNAT™Smart Delivery System for Nucleic Acid Preservation Medium
SMART-eNAT™ is an exciting new collection and transport system that pairs a unique SMART delivery system together with eNAT™, a molecular preservation medium specially designed to stabilize and preserve microbial and human nucleic acids (RNA/DNA) for prolonged time periods.
SMART-eNAT™ has a unique push and turn activation and delivery system that makes sample collection accessible to a broad range of users in many settings. SMART-eNAT™ clever post-collection activation system guards against accidental spillage or contact with the preservation medium. It is ideal for different applications, including:
- Collection of Samples for Microbiome Analysis
- Sample Self-Collection by the General Public, such as Donor Studies
- Remote Collection of Samples
- Field Epidemiology Studies
- Environmental Surface Studies