4N6 FLOQSwabs® Crime Scene
DNA Collection and Preservation for Crime Scene Investigation and Collection of Biological Evidence for Human Identification
Precise Collection Without the Need for Drying Agents
4N6FLOQSwabs® Crime Scene sample collection and transport devices are designed for the collection of biological DNA samples, such as sweat, semen, skin, blood, and other environmental traces as evidence from the scene of an investigation in nonliving humans.
To ensure the most reliable results, evidence collection devices should preserve the integrity of DNA nucleic acids, while preventing microbial contamination that could compromise the sample. Crime scenes are particularly challenging for sample collection, as the amount of specimen available for testing is often scarce. 4N6FLOQSwabs® Crime Scene are coated with antimicrobial agents to preserve nucleic acids and allow for evidence collection and transfer without the need for drying agents that could contaminate the sample.
Simple, Reliable Collection
- 4N6FLOQSwabs® rapidly absorb and release specimens more effectively when compared to traditional fiber swabs ensuring that enough sample is available for testing, even in low count number (LCN) samples
- Anatomically designed to collect samples from challenging surfaces and collection sites, including sublingual samples, bottles and spaces with LCN DNA
Optimal Storage and Testing
- By recovering over 90% of available evidence using COPAN's unique 4N6FLOQSwabs®, assay sensitivity increases, and DNA recovery is maximized
- To ensure the highest level of accuracy, 4N6FLOQSwabs® are certified DNase-Free, RNase-Free and free of amplifiable human DNA.
- COPAN maintains an anonymous database of all staff involved in the manufacturing process of this product line, which can be made available upon request
- 4N6FLOQSwabs® preserve human DNA for up to six months at room temperature and for up to seven days at temperatures as high as 37°C
- 4N6FLOQSwabs® products have been validated with numerous DNA extraction methods. Strict quality control measures and use of inhibitory-free materials ensure that 4N6FLOQSwabs® are free of PCR inhibitors.
4N6FLOQSwabs® Crime Scene are compliant with ISO 18385:2016, which means the swabs are free from detectable human DNA.
Due to the antimicrobial coating used in their manufacturing, 4N6FLOQSwabs® Crime Scene devices should not to be used for sample collection from living humans.
4N6FLOQSwabs® are not intended for diagnostic use.
US Patents # 8,114,027, #8,317,728, #8,979,784, #9,011,358, #9,173,779, European Patent #1608268, Canadian Patent #2515205, Japanese Patent # 2007-523663, Australian Patent #2004226798, New Zealand Patent #541560, Chinese Patent #101103931