Careers at COPAN
We're always hiring energetic, positive, and smart talent! If you'd like to work for our exciting and innovative company click on the link below!
We're Currently Looking for a Field Service Engineer, Toronto, Canada
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for administering preventative maintenance (PM) and troubleshooting, calibrating and performing electrical safety tests (EST) on automated microbiology equipment in the Toronto or Vancouver area. The ideal candidate is involved in all areas of microbiology equipment technology, including monitoring work order requests, completing repairs, new equipment inspections and installations, PM’s, EST, and documenting all service activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and assembly of automated microbiology equipment involving basic knowledge and abilities associated with the electronics, robotics, and mechanical processes.
- Achieves performance measures associated with the maintenance of equipment, productivity, customer satisfaction, and other performance standards.
- Complete all necessary documentation of activities involving the servicing of equipment in accordance with the manufacturer requirements.
- Serves as a resource for the proper operation, and maintenance of equipment
- Instructs instrument operators in proper equipment use
- Adheres to the highest level of customer service, while managing customer requests with diplomacy.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or minimum 2-3 years equivalent formal related training required
- Extensive travel required (Approx 50-75%) with minimal notice
- Must be reliable and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent customer service expertise with outstanding communication skills
- Willingness and ability to be on call 24/7
- Comfortable working in clinical environments with infectious agents and biohazards
- Computer literacy and ability to read instrument schematics required
Job Time: Full-time
Ability to Travel: 50=75%
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Please click here to submit your resume and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer
COPAN Diagnostics, Inc. values diversity and, as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status for all positions. COPAN is committed to fair and equal treatment of all applicants and employees.