PhenoMATRIX™ and Digital Microbiology
Never touch a negative plate again and speed time to reporting with PhenoMATRIX™, offering WASPLab users an exclusive selection of highly sophisticated algorithms completely unparalleled in the industry. Through advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI), the software automatically recognizes organisms allowing Microbiology labs to read, interpret and segregate bacterial cultures with the click of a button!
PhenoMATRIX™ Algorithms are optional additions to the WASPLab software and can be purchased individually.
Automated Reading, interpretation & Segregation of bacterial culture proven with over 300,000 samples and counting!
Automated Scoring of Chromogenic Media for the Detection of MRSA Using the WASPLab Image Analysis Software
Automatic Digital Analysis of Chromogenic Media for Vancomycin-Resistant-Enterococcus Screens Using CopanWASPLab
Automated Digital Quanitation of Urine Cultures using the WASPLab
Please click here to be contacted by an authorized distributor.
THE PHENOMATRIXTM ALGORITHM SUITE INCLUDES:
Chromogenic Detection of any Organism of Interest
(MRSA, VRE, ESBL, GBS)
Accurately detects and differentiates organisms on any manufacturer's chromogenic agar for fast results.1,2,3
Urine Culture Segregation Based on Colony Counts
with Growth, No Growth Discrimination
Customizable user defined thresholds for growth/no growth counts colonies for faster urine culture reading
Automatic Colony Recognition on Standard Medium
Recognizes bacterial colonies by accompanist with its' massive phenotyping database to standardize the interpretation of bacterial cultures and optimize workflow efficiency
Application of User-Defined Expert Rules to Filter Outputs and Reporting
Applies each laboratory's personalized rules combined with demographic information from a patient's LIS record for a higher level of culture segregation providing an additional filter for standard report outputs
1) Faron, M. L., Buchan, B. W., Coon, C., Liebregts, T., Bree, A. V., Jansz, A. R., . . . Ledeboer, N. A. (2016). Automatic Digital Analysis of Chromogenic Media for Vancomycin-
Resistant-Enterococcus Screens Using Copan WASPLab. Journal of C linical Microbiology, 54(10), 2464-2469. doi:10.1128/jcm.01040-16.
2) Faron ML, Buchan BW, Vismara C, Lacchini C, Bielli A, Gesu G, Liebregts T, van Bree A, Jansz A, Soucy G, Korver J, Ledeboer NA. 2016. Automated scoring of chromogenic media
for detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus by use of WASPLab image analysis software. J Clin Microbiol 54:620 –624. doi:10.1128/JCM.02778-15.
3) Kirn TJ. 2016. Automatic digital plate reading for surveillance cultures. J Clin Microbiol 54:2424-2426. doi:10.1128/JCM.01279-16.
What is PhenoMATRIX™?
PhenoMATRIX™ is a suite of sophisticated software algorithms which automatically recognize organisms through advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) allowing microbiology labs to read, interpret, and segregate bacterial cultures with the click of a button.
Have the PhenoMATRIX™ algorithms been tested on real samples?
Automated reading, interpretation & segregation of live bacterial cultures has been proven with over 200,000 samples and counting!
What can PhenoMATRIX™ do?
- Chromogenic Detection of any Organism of Interest (MRSA, VRE, ESBL, GBS)
- Urine Culture Segregation Based on Colony Counts with Growth, No Growth Discrimination
- Automatic Colony Recognition on Standard Medium
- Application of User-Defined Expert Rules to Filter Outputs and Reporting
Do I need WASPLab™ to use the PhenoMATRIX™ algorithms?
I am a WASPLab™ user and I'm interested in learning more about PhenoMATRIX™, or I am not currently using WASPLab™ and would like to know more about full laboratory automation. Who should I contact?