Fully Automated Pour Plate Prep for Total Viable Bacterial Counts
Ensure reliability, reproducibility, and precision in the quality control of finished products in your facility. Testing finished products is an important part of the daily activities of the plant. COPAN’s CYCLONE AUTO-PREP™ helps standardize and automate quality control.
How It Works
- Samples are randomly loaded onto the instrument’s turntable.
- Using the integrated barcode scanner, CYCLONE AUTO-PREP™ automatically identifies the sample and applies a corresponding label and ques up a sterile petri dish prior to processing.
- An onboard pipetting module then takes an aliquot of sample and dispenses it into the petri dish.
- Next, molten agar (held between 45 and 50°C) is dispensed. The molten agar and sample are thoroughly mixed using an even rotational speed.
- The plate is then lowered into the instrument for cooling to be set before it is released to the carousel for incubation.
- An optional second layer of agar can be applied, prior to incubation.
Colony Recognition Algorithm
CYCLONE AUTO-PREP™ when used with COPAN’s smart incubators, can be programmed to send plates automatically to incubators on a customized conveyor track. The Image Acquisition station located inside the incubators will then take a time zero image of the plate. This image is crucial to perform differential image analysis against the image of the plate taken at subsequent time intervals. COPAN’s PhenoMATRIX™ algorithm software will then count colonies and segregate the plates as “Growth” or “No Growth” for faster reading by the technologist. Alternatively, the software can be programmed to recognize colony growth of a particular morphology.
CYCLONE-AUTOPREP™ can manage all kinds of liquid samples in a variety of containers. Unparalleled in its capabilities, CYCLONE-AUTOPREP™ is ideal for high-volume laboratories looking to standardize the labor-intensive manual pour plate method. It reduces repetitive stress by automating and standardizing a highly labor-intensive process. COPAN, an automation pioneer, is continually developing new technology to revolutionize the world of Microbiology!
- Efficient Footprint
- Adaptable to Process a Variety of Liquid Samples, Such as Food, Beverage, Dairy, and Cosmetics
- Customizable and Compatible with Multiple Containers for Increased Flexibility
- Barcode Driven for Full Traceability
- HEPA Filter Airflow Optimizes Sample Containment and Confinement to Preserver Aseptic Conditions
What is CYCLONE AUTO-PREP™?
CYCLONE AUTO-PREP™ is automatic pour plate preparation system for total viable bacterial counts. It is the only instrument in of it's kind and is ideal for high-volume laboratories looking to standardize labor-intensive manual pour plate method.
What type of samples can the CYCLONE AUTO-PREP™ accept?
CYCLONE AUTO-PREP™ is customizable and can be used with samples in variouis industries such as dairy, cosmetics and food & beverage.
How can I receive more information?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!